Call for Abstracts
The 2019 Call for Abstracts is now open!
DEADLINE: Monday, March 4, 2019 at 11:59pm CST
1. Oral Presentation
Accepted oral presentations will be required to submit a manuscript to the American Journal of Surgery. If your abstract is not selected as an Oral presentation, it will automatically be considered for a Poster presentation.
2. Poster Presentation
Poster presentations do not require manuscript submission.
3. Spectacular Problems in Surgery Presentation
Spectacular Problems in Surgery do not require manuscript submission.
1. The abstract body (not counting abstract title or author string) must not exceed 350 words.
2. One optional graph, photo and/or table is permitted per submission (.jpg format only)
3. You do not need to be a Midwest Surgical Association member to submit an abstract for consideration. However, if none of the authors are a member, you will need a member to sponsor your submission. The member sponsor must also agree to be present at the meeting should your presentation be selected.
Duplicate Submission Policy
Information in the submission must represent original work that has not been previously published, or being under consideration for publication, and will not have been presented as a podium presentation at a national or an international meeting prior to the dates of the MSA 2019 Annual Meeting (July 28-30).
You will need the following information before you submit your abstract.
1. Principal Contact & Presenter Information (name, phone number and email address)
2. Name and email address of sponsoring member (if none of the authors are MSA members)
3. List of Authors
4. Abstract body (350 words or less)
5. One optional table or graph upload is permitted per submission (.jpg format only)
6. 2 Self-Assessment Questions